Commitment to Community
Commitment to community, one of the Seven Cooperative Principles, is a driving force behind Butler Rural Electric Cooperative. It is a standard we embrace as an integral element of the cooperative business model. We are proud that we make a difference in our communities and will continue to do so by promoting programs that improve the lives of those who live in the communities we serve.
The cooperative awards scholarships, supports numerous events, non-profit organizations and groups through time, donations and grants and sponsors many educational programs throughout the area. Employees volunteer for local charities and youth activities and are present at many events during the year.
Our community efforts and programs include:
- Butler Rural Community Connection
- Youth Tour
- Safety Demonstrations
- Community Room
- Holiday Harvest Food Drive
- Butler Rural Community Solar
- Touchstone Energy® events- Oxford Music Festival, Trenton Bicentennial Fireworks, Hueston Woods Fireworks, College Corner Fireworks
- Butler County Fair booth and Preble County Fair Exhibitors Picnic
- Family Day