The cooperative offers two payment assistance options, Payment Arrangements and Past Due Deferral.
Members who are unable to pay their total past due balance before the day of disconnection are able to sign Payment Arrangements. Payment Arrangements are used to help the member get to a $0 balance at the end of the arrangement period. A good faith payment is required at the time the arrangement is signed and the remaining balance (both past due and current) is divided into monthly payments. Each monthly payment will be the current bill plus the payment arrangement amount and any other charges or fees.
- If the bill is paid in full while on an arrangement, the arrangement is considered fulfilled.
- The member must be the one to sign the arrangement unless there is a power of attorney form on file.
- If full payment is not received by the arrangement date or if payment is made with a bad check, the service is subject to immediate disconnection without further notice. The total account balance is due to stop the disconnect or to reconnect if service has been disconnected.
- No arrangements are given for returned checks or for electrician services.
Members having trouble paying their electric bill are able to sign up for a payment extension, which enables the member to extend the due date for the past due money until the Friday after the scheduled disconnection.
- The member must be the one to sign the extension unless there is a power of attorney form on file.
- If a member defaults on the payment extension, the service is subject to immediate disconnection without notice.
For more information on a oayment extension, please call our office at 513-867-4400 or 800-255-2732 during regular office hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.