We offer rebates to members who install air source/dual fuel heat pump systems. If you are having a heat pump installed, please contact us prior to the installation to make sure it qualifies for our program. There is also paperwork that will need to be completed by the member and heat pump contractor. Find out about heat pumps and the incentives offered below.
About Heat Pumps
Air-source heat pumps are highly efficient heating and cooling devices that move heat (air) inside or outside the home through a compression and refrigeration system. They provide summer cooling and winter heating through an efficient unit located outside the home. They replace the need for a central air unit and limit the need for an inefficient electric or fossil fuel furnace. A heat pump can deliver one-and-a-half to three times more heat energy to a home than the electrical energy it consumes. High efficiencies are possible because air-source heat pumps move heat instead of generating it, like in the case of fossil fuel systems.
A dual fuel system consists of an add-on electric heat pump to an oil, gas or propane furnace. An air source heat pump system (all-electric) consists of an add-on electric heat pump to an electric furnace. When the outside temperature drops below 25°, the heat pump turns off and the back-up furnace automatically comes on.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
View information about our heat pump program below.
Butler Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. offers the following heat pump rebates:
- $600 for the purchase of a new dual fuel heat pump*
- $300 for the purchase of a replacement dual fuel heat pump*
- $300 for the purchase of a new or replacement air-source heat pump to an existing electric back-up system*
Members with dual fuel receive a reduced kWh rate of 2¢ on any heat pump usage during the months of September through May.
Members must use an HVAC contractor from our participating Air Source/Dual Fuel Heat Pump Contractors List to qualify for the incentives.
Loans are available at a fixed 4.5% interest rate. For more information on loans, click here.
*Incentives can change and are not guaranteed. Call the office to confirm current program incentives prior to installation.
If you are having a heat pump installed, please contact the cooperative prior to installation to ensure it qualifies for our program. There is paperwork that will need to be completed by your heat pump contractor. In addition, you must sign an agreement that explains the requirements of the air source/dual fuel heat pump program.
- The home must be at least 6 years old to qualify for the rebate (new construction homes do not qualify).
- The heat pump must be installed by a contractor on our Air Source/Dual Fuel Contractor List.
- The heat pump must be Energy Star certified with a minimum SEER of 15 and minimum HSPF of 8.2 (single package system) or 8.5 (split system).
- Ductless systems do not qualify.
- Members with distributed generation are not eligible for this program.
- Members with lighting, seasonal, net metering, or net billing accounts are not eligible for this program.
Download our Air Source/Dual Fuel Heat Pump Booklet.